How to take part:
- The survey runs from December to February - the coldest most wintery months, when birds are especially reliant on gardens for shelter, food and water.
- Each week you just have to record the species you see on your feeders or in your garden, and the highest number of each species you see at any one time.
- So if you see 1 Blue Tit today, but 3 tomorrow - then 3 is your total for Blue Tits this week. If you see 7 Goldfinch today and only 6 tomorrow, then 7 is your total for Goldfinches this week.
- The survey runs on a weekly basis, so every Monday you start over again! Don't worry if you miss a week or two - as long as you can do 10 of the 13 weeks then you'll still be giving us great data!
- It doesn't matter if you don't know all of the species in your garden yet - the survey is a great way to get to grips with them!
- *You can download the survey form here* or enter your results online here.
|Garden Bird participants by county - lower numbers in the green counties, highest numbers in the red counties.|